When you are looking to buy blinds you have two choices: you can go to the hardware store or you can buy blinds online.
A quick visit to the hardware store is something we are all familiar with. You will most likely encounter a salesperson who will walk you through your various options and give you a quote. Being able to talk to someone who can help you understand the different options you have available is great but the downside is that hardware stores tend to be far apart so going between them to compare prices can be very time-consuming.
You also don’t get to take swatches and price lists home so if you want to make changes and adjustments, you will have to go back to the store to get a new quote.
The alternative is to buy them online. Although you don’t get to speak to a consultant, face to face, most online stores have chat functionality built in so that you can still speak to a consultant online.
You also get the benefit of being able to compare products between stores easily, making sure you get the best value for your money.
The biggest benefit of buying blinds online, however, is the convenience. You can shop from anywhere and chop and change your selections to compare prices and features.
So how exactly do you buy blinds online? Below we will walk you through the process of how to buy blinds online.
1. Go to www.blindcraft.co.za.
2. From the homepage click the “SHOP NOW” button.
3. You are now on the Catalog page. Scroll down to see the various types of blinds and click the “SHOP NOW” button to go to the Product page of the blinds you want. In our example, we chose “Aluminium Venetian Blinds”.
4. You are now on the Product page. On the Product page you can design and customise the blinds you have chosen to fit your specific taste and style. Select the “slat width” you want. This is how wide the slats are. Different blinds have different options. In our example we can choose from 3 sizes: 16mm, 25mm, 50mm.
5. Now choose your colour. Different colours have different prices and can be made from different fabrics. In our example we chose “Burnt Sienna”.
6. The next step is to add your measurements. Make sure you use millimeters (mm). For a detailed guide on how to measure correctly, click HERE.Once you add your measurements a price will appear
7. The next step is to select how you want your blinds to fit: Inside the window frame (Inside Mount) or outside the window frame (Outside Mount). In our example, we chose Outside Mount.
8. Next select your controls: either Left or Right. In oue example, we chose “Left” for the controls.
9. The final step is to give your blind a label so that when it arrives you know which window it is for.
10. Now click the “ADD TO CART” button to finalise your purchase.
11. View your cart by clicking the “CART” icon on the top right hand side of the page.
12. From the Cart page you can review your order and if you are happy with your selection, click the “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” button to complete your order. It is that easy.
There are a number of ways to buy blinds: either from a hardware store or online. Hardware stores are familiar territory for most seasoned homeowners and DIYers but their distance apart makes it hard to compare prices and it requires physically visiting the store to order.
Buying blinds online is a little bit easier. You have the convenience of shopping from anywhere and can easily compare between different stores. You have the added benefit of online support, free delivery, and the ability to change your selection multiple time before ordering.
We might be a little biased but we definitely think that shopping online is the way to go.